Ramblings and updates from the world of the Smiths.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Saturday Morning Scene

I like Saturday mornings. This is the one day a week where I can choose to sit and relax. So this morning I spent some time reading our friends' blog (Brian & Erin), and just tried to capture their amazing adventure in my mind. That's an incredible way to spend a Saturday morning. This picture is actually on their blog (but doctored a bit by me). If you want a story of adventure, you'll have to check out their blog. They're just really special people to us (special in a good way).

So quite a bit has been happening over the last few days, but nothing earth-shattering. Kaelyn and Michelle are currently at the hospital again just getting checked out. Kaelyn's fever is still around but she's seeming to be getting a little more energetic. I'm supposed to be at the church right now, but I can't find the truck keys, and so here I sit. That's okay with me. I got home from youth stuff pretty late, so I think it's okay to spend the morning just sitting. The church stuff has been going great as of late. I've been able to continue to be really creative with the stuff that we're doing. In a couple weeks, I'm preaching on the "outcasts" of the Christmas message, so I'm kind of excited about that. I'm really excited about the fact that I also plan to play a Monty Python video clip just before I preach. Nothing says church without some kind of funny movie clip.

So the semester is finally coming to a close. I got my third mark back on my largest essay in my Professional Writing course. I was supposed to write a five page essay on language degeneration in our current culture, so I decided to compare grammar to a McDonald's cheeseburger. That was fun for me and I got my mark back - 89%! The good thing is, there are only 2 smaller assignments and one final exam left, and then I can finally relax a bit more. This class has been a ton of fun. I really want to start writing because I've just loved it so much. Someone asked me today what I would do with a million dollars, and then said that he would have a hard time knowing what to do with it. I just answered in a few words. "That's easy. Dominican Republic beach and write. Done." If only that were a reality...

Our cold snap is finally over here. I neglected to mention that the day I went snowboarding was the first nice day in a week. It was about -5 degrees, but got pretty cold at the higher elevations. But the rest of the week is in the +2 degree range, so that'll help with my daydreaming about Dominican. I can't stop thinking about moving to Dominican or someplace like that though. In fact, every time we've driven into Edmonton lately, I've been pretending in my mind that I was driving to a nice white sand beach. Makes for a disappointing time though when you get out of the car and the white sand is actually snow...

So today is going to be a webpage day. I have to do some updates on our youth ministry webpage - www.ywatermark.com. And then there's more graphics work to be done on the church announcement stuff, so I have to head over there whenever Michelle gets back. After that, it's "put up your feet" time, and I'm planning on doing nothing constructive.

That's about it for here! Great Grandma, hope you're feeling better, and just in case you aren't, here's some pictures to help you get better! These last two pictures are reflections of our week - Kaelyn cuddling and staying warm! Love you all out there!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Sunday morning to you. Kaelyn is just like me - trying to stay warm and trying to get used to some new meds. Days are ok but the nights are something to be reckoned with. Love to you all. GG

6:47 AM

 
Blogger Brian and Erin said...

Perhaps we're connected somehow through something mystical. Or perhaps we are siamese twins seperated at birth, thus the reason for our posting at the same time.

Whatever it is, you should send me a cheque for the copyrights for the picture.

11:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home