Ramblings and updates from the world of the Smiths.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

"Boo!" "Aaa!"

I'm sitting here this morning listening to some classical Christmas music (and it's only November 11) but just enjoying the morning, about to take in some coffee and wake up.

"Boo!" "Aaa!"
"Boo!" "Aaa!"
"Boo!" "Aaa!"

That was the conversation Kaelyn and I just had. She's such a little cheery funny girl. Now she's trying to scare me as she hides behind a pole about two feet away.

We've had a pretty good week over here. It makes me wish for two days off more often, because I do actually feel rested and restarted. We've had the last week off at retreat in Banff, but it didn't feel too much like a retreat. So the last two days have been very nice.

This picture is from Panther Falls, where I ate my birthday cake underneath a frozen waterfall. We walked down quite a ways through trees and large boulders and came upon this beautiful waterfall. It was pretty incredible to sit at the bottom and look up and hear the shushing water. It was even more amazing to climb close to the cliff wall (within 2 feet) and go higher up where the waterfall no longer shushed - it roared! I was a little nervous, especially with the snow that could potentially guide us right off the edge to the rocks below. It was a great day, and a pretty fun hike. As much as I don't enjoy the redneck part of the equation, I can get over it because of the beauty that surrounds us. So now we sit here this Saturday morning. I'm watching Kaelyn cruise around the room here in the basement, and Michelle is making sure Kaelyn "stirred up like chocolate milk" or that her oversized toque stays on. Good times. And now, to the coffee machine for my daily dose of wake up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home