Ramblings and updates from the world of the Smiths.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Betcha can't stop the smile...


Was I right? The little bundle o' wonder.

What a day...week... I'm sitting here after three glasses of Coke, and I'm still a little tired. It's been a week where you didn't have an overwhelming amount to accomplish, but yet it just takes everything out of you.

This coming week is so full, I'm not even out of this one yet and already I'm bracing for the impact of the next. My class is finished next week, with two assignments and one final exam all coming at me. I am preaching this week too, on outcasts and God, and the rest of the week is pretty normal. Of course, my schedule is usually really busy, so add Christmas on and that adds up to a pretty busy week. But for right now, I'm drinking my coke on the rocks. Good stuff.

As you can tell from the pictures, we've had a fun week. Kaelyn continues to be fascinated by bubbles (pronounced "bub bo") and she's got her best friend Zoe (pronounced "th oa eee") whom she likes to kick in the head at supper and randomly hug around the house. Since she's gotten better, she's making up for lost time with her smiles and happiness. If you ever need a serious boost, just hang around Kaelyn. She laughs at pretty much everything. Michelle was just remarking today that she's glad she doesn't have a prissy girl. Kaelyn is definitely not that. I think the remark came after Kaelyn decided to dive into some of momma's home-made macaroni and it was all over her face and hands. Great times.

I also have some sad news to report tonight. I lost the last series of cribbage by a score of 7 games to 5. But there is hope in the current series, which I'm also losing 2 games to 1. Never say die.

I think as this week unfolds, there'll be more to report. I'll just fire out some pictures tonight to appease the grandparents and GG (that's great grandma). Tomorrow we're heading out for our Christmas tree, and then it's back in front of the computer for me - one assignment that has to be finished (and started) tomorrow! Oh yes, and for you grandparents out there, when you come to visit, the key time of the day is 3:30 now. That's when the Backyardigans are on.

It's finally started melting around here, and it looks like we may lose most of our snow (if not all). It's been around +5 all week, even during the night. That's sort of okay, because I was getting tired of the cold, but I don't want to lose all of our snow. That just seems...weird. Still trying to adjust to living with Chinooks.

Okay, that's it for now. I'll leave you with a picture of a girl who looks like she came straight out of a Dr. Seuss book (or a Jamaican wannabe - your choice).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love the Dr. Suess description. One cannot but look at Kaelyn and smile. She is so cheery. GG still in the hospital. We are going on a Walk Through Christmas at Loon Lake tonight and then a stop at the cabin. Love to all.
mdgg

11:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home