Ramblings and updates from the world of the Smiths.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Swings

I'm sitting here listening to our parrot-girl as she copies everything Michelle is putting on her grocery list.

"Cheese buns." "Cheeze baaaaas."
"Berries." "Beezeeeees."
"Meat." "Meat." (nailed that one)
"Juice." "Joooooooos." (nailed that one too)
"Pickles." "Pickohs."
"Sour Cream." "Sowah Keem."

Very cute.

We just got back from the "aaaihs" and "wheeees" (slides and swings) and a great park just a few blocks from us. I'll have to catch up on some of my pictures. I haven't wanted to post them all at once, so every post there are good pictures. So as I get the ones of Grandpa and Kaelyn playing in the yard, I'll post them up. Grandpa Smith has been visiting us for the last few days, which made for a fun week. Today Kaelyn has been asking, "Where's the boppa?" (Where's the grandpa?) Yesterday Grandpa, Daddy, and Kaelyn all made it to the park together and made sure to hit a lot of slides and swings then too.

So today we're laying low and just relaxing. My knee is pretty sore from a good day of football yesterday, so I've been icing and tensor bandaging all day. That and reading. And swinging. A very productive day.
The picture of the little one in the walker, for those of you who don't know, is my little nephew Tristan. He's testing out the best thing I have ever made with anything Lego-like. It's my small child walker. The best part is that he actually walked like an old guy when he used it. That picture was taken at Easter, when we were up at my parent's place.
We're all looking forward to the end of the week. It's been an exceptionally long week, and once tomorrow is done, we'll be very happy. Then we're going to blast out of Hinton and go visit Michelle's parents. That'll be very good.
Anyhow, I'll update you with some pics, and then get back to my very busy day. Video games are on the agenda, or perhaps something even more productive, like sleep. Or more reading. Or looking on Canadian Tire's website for a hammock stand. Let's hope for the last one, that would be great.

The first picture you see is from yesterday when we went swinging. The rest are from a few weeks ago when we were up visiting family in Meadow Lake. In the last few, Kaelyn is on her Easter Egg hunt, followed by her and Tristan playing with their new sidewalk chalk in Grandma and Grandpa Smith's basement. Oh what fun! Hope you all have a good week, and I'm hoping to post a whole lot more on here in the coming future!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian and Erin said...

Very impressive lego walker! You should probably market it!

Good to see you back online again.

3:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home