Ramblings and updates from the world of the Smiths.

Monday, February 05, 2007

The Life of Kaelyn


Busy.

Very Busy.

As I've looked at pictures over the last few days, I've realized just how busy our little one is. At this moment, she's on her toy horsey holding four balls and her big teddy bear. Or she's trying to walk in my shoes. Or mommy's shoes. Or she's wanting to turn the TV on. Or she's clomping around the upstairs in her "shees" (shoes) and you can hear her stomp around the entire circle of the main floor. Now she's putting the balls away in her kitchen. And the entire time she's doing anything, she's also talking.

She's definitely a girl.

There's a bit of an art form in translating 17-month-old speak. Kaelyn's saying so many words and phrases now, it's just fun to sit and listen to her. She just said "It's a whee!" What that means is that she's pushing her teddy bear on the toy horse.

Girl. Definitely.

So our little girl continues to be such a gift. Her camel sound is so cute (she hocks a loogee), her many phrases are fun just to listen to, and she's definitely a social butterfly. Yesterday in church, I asked the nursey worker if it was okay to drop Kaelyn off. She said it was no problem, because she doesn't play strange and will just play with everyone. Kind of a nice thing to hear. Her two buddies in the nursery are Seth and Josh, but she likes kissing Josh a little bit more. She can continue to do that until she's three, when she will no longer be allowed to play with boys until she's forty or so. Dad's rules.

This week has certainly had its ups and downs. I was away at youth pastor's retreat from Tuesday to Thursday, which was pretty...boring. But least I got a ton of ping pong games in. I raced back to Sherwood Park on Thursday, and then we raced home. Not the first time I've felt this way, but it was sure nice to get back to Hinton. That's right. You heard it here. Nice.

Friday and Saturday were a little more user friendly. I myself got a lot of work done, spent some quality time with family and a few friends, and of course, I WON AT SETTLERS. Some would like to think I brag a lot about my victories. While that may have a bit of truth to it, I would view it differently. What I'm really trying to do is restore pride to winning. By bragging about my victories, I make Michelle's few victories that much sweeter. So really, I'm trying to serve her by making sure my victories get the attention they deserve in the discussion of our lives. Actually, you could more accurately look at my "bragging" as humility. Just trying to serve everyone around me by restoring the definition of victory.

Oh, I won at Saskatchewan Roughriders Cribbage this morning too. At 9:30am. First game. First win.

In order to serve you, the reader, I think it would be good...instructive even, to give you a riddle to improve your day:

What happens as consistently as the sun rising each morning, the noon day hunger arriving, and each night bringing sleep?

Answer: The victories of Shaun.

Good hey? Again, I just want to emphasize for everyone out there that this is not "bragging", but instead it is serving. Humility. That's what I'm all about. I'm easily the most humble person I know.

So at any rate, not too exciting of a week around here. We're just settling back in, getting ready for a very busy week to come. Things are pretty melty around here, but we're about to see a colder week come upon us once again. There's isn't much snow left actually, except back in the trees; that's the one thing I dislike about Hinton. Well, that and the fact that it's not built on a white sand beach in the Dominican. Hm....

So with that, I'll leave you all to your week! We'll be harder to reach on the phone, because I'm spending this week on the street interviewing people. Should be much fun, but a little intimidating at times. Long live video production!

Have a great week!

Your very humble servant, Shaun the Victorious (and humble)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweetie Kaelyn is. Take heart, Michelle. You are definitely the humble one - no matter what Shaun says.
Love to you all.

6:02 PM

 
Blogger Brian and Erin said...

Dear Lord of Catan. I'm inspired by your humilty. I have a lot to learn.

With endless love and praise...

12:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home